This Accessibility Plan relates to the Accessibility Policy of EMAT(Link) and is reviewed annually to ensure that the Academy is providing access to education for all pupils with disabilities. It should be read in conjunction with our Local Offer for pupils with Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND)(Link) which can be found on the Academy’s website.
We have an open policy in relation to disabilities and talk to our pupils about how people are through personal, social, health and economic education.
We will increase the extent to which disabled students can participate in the Academy curriculum through:
- Providing equipment required by individual pupils, such as writing slopes or ergonomic pens for writing
- Providing one-to-one support or support through small groups to enable students identified with specific needs to access the curriculum
- Adjusted teaching in Physical Education to cater for children with dyspraxia or other needs
- A co-ordinated approach with external agencies providing support for visual and hearing support (Virtual School Sensory Support), mental health support
- Trained staff working with pupils to support their social and emotional development (Thrive)
We will ensure that the school environment provides access to students with disabilities through:
- Maintaining existing facilities in the school (buildings and classes are all currently accessible and there is a disabled toilet)
- Ensuring any new building projects incorporate facilities and access for disabled students
We will improve the delivery of information which is provided in writing through:
- Providing key signs around the school in braille such as fire, toilets, etc in 2019-2020