Eastgate Academy Curriculum Intent
- Mission Statement: Eastgate Academy believes that children learn effectively when they are engaged, challenged and are able to relate personally to the topic.
Our curriculum is based upon the Primary Knowledge Curriculum (PKC) which we re-crafted to meet the unique needs of all our learners. Our research, through the Education Endowment Fund alongside our personal experiences of working with Collusion, led us to an enquiry based delivery of our curriculum. In this way we hope to empower and inspire our learners to develop a passion for life-long learning. We aim to add spark and energy to lessons and to encourage curiosity, confidence and a strong sense of self-worth.
We aim to produce confident well-rounded children who can play a positive part as tomorrow’s citizens. As a community we explore and celebrate our historical heritage, our cultural diversity and take pride in who we are. We actively promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for others, such as those with different faiths and beliefs. We also recognise the importance of our place within the wider world and our curriculum and ethos ensure that our children are equipped with the cultural capital to be successful in life.
In doing this we:
- Provide a range of experiences – We believe that our children learn best in practical and creative environments.
- ·Encourage independence and leadership – Pupil voice is incorporated at both the planning and teaching stages.
- Engage and challenge – Engagement is achieved through a creative and practical curriculum which ensures key skills are embedded and applied across a range of contexts.
- Promote a strong sense of identity – We actively develop a positive sense of self within the local and wider community. This is achieved by planning which ensures that every child understands the historical, geographical and cultural context of King’s Lynn, in the past, present and future.
- Foster deeper knowledge and understanding – We develop cross-curricular links between subject areas to ensure that children have opportunities to apply and explore their learning across a range of subjects.