Parents/ Carers: Updated Information below for Twitter - Facebook -Instagram- Snapchat
Please click on the links below:-
We take e-safety issues very seriously. We ensure that all pupils in school receive regular e-safety lessons every half term and have whole school assemblies on e-safety. All teaching staff receive regular e-safeguarding training. We complete e-safety questionnaires with pupils to understand the e-safeguarding needs of the children attending our school.
Information for parents and carers
Common Sense Media games reviews
Check the games that your children are playing - this website allows you to enter the details of a game and gives an honest and clear review of the game and its content.
- Common sense media games reviews - Reviews of games and their content
- Parents concerns - Detailed section giving advice about different parental concerns
These websites are suitable for children - please share them with your child:
- KidSmart - Learn about the Internet and being a smart surfer
- Think U Know - Advice and information about online safety.
- CBBC - E-Safety advice, games and songs for kids.
- Childnet - Working to make the Internet a great and safe place for children.
- Cyber Mentors - A website which is all about kids supporting kids online. Contains useful support and advice for reporting problems.
For e-safety advice and guidance for parents and carers please look at the web links below:
- On line SafetyJust one Norfolk
- Think U Know for Parents and Carers - Internet advice for parents and carers
Please visit the CEOP You Tube Video page which contains a variety of videos for Parents and Carers about different aspects of E-Safety.
- CEOP You Tube Channel (for Parents/Carers) - Videos about different aspects of e-safety
Children's Safe Search Engines
As part of our e-safety teaching we ensure that we use safe search engines that are suitable for children. Here are some examples of the different search engines that are available. Please have a look and encourage your child to use these when searching the Internet at home:
- Google safe search - Information about Google's 'safe search'
- Safe search Kids - Google's safe search engine for kids
- Common Sense media - Common sense media search engine advice
- Kids Click search engine - Safe search engine for kids
- Ask Kids - Safe search engine for kids
At Eastgate Academy we are committed to making improvements to our e-safeguarding/online provision within school - download our IT Vision Statement for further info