What am I going to learn in Modern Foreign Language?
- Lesson 1: Listen and respond to buenos dias, muy bien, gracias.
- Lesson 2: Listen and join in with a song.
- Lesson 3: Listen and respond to and say some Spanish numbers between 1 and 5
- Lesson 4: Join in with and act out an authentic rhyme.
- Lesson 5: Practise and remember days of weeks and actions.
- Lesson 6: Sing and learn a happy birthday song.
- Lesson 7: Listen and respond to some colours.
- Lesson 8: Practise and sing the song about a rainbow.
- Lesson 1: Remember and practice some colours
- Lesson 2: Practise numbers 1-10
- Lesson 3: Practise greetings and name phrase
- Lesson 4: Explore words and phrases about the weather
- Lesson 5: Join in with Itsy bitsy spider in Spanish
- Lesson 6: Join in with a season’s song
- Lesson 1: Practise numbers 1-10
- Lesson 2: Listen and respond to instructions
- Lesson 3: Practise and perform an action poem
- Lesson 4: Begin to learn the words to an authentic Spanish song
- Lesson 5: Understand a simple story
- Lesson 6: Retell a simple story
The lessons in this year provide a chance for children who did not attend KS1 at Eastgate Academy to learn the basics while challenging those children who did.
- Lesson 1: Understand and say fruit and vegetable nouns.
- Lesson 2: Count fruits and vegetables
- Lesson 3: Understand and enjoy a story about fruits and vegetables.
- Lesson 4: Ask politely for a fruit or vegetable
- Lesson 5: Name and label food items to take on a picnic
- Lesson 6: Write phrases to build a picnic story
- Lesson 7: Ask the question "where do you live" and understand the answer.
Year 4, 5 and 6
- Lesson 1: Remember parts of the body and explain why I don’t feel well or what hurts.
- Lesson 2: Role play dialogue at the doctors.
- Lesson 3: Understand and name jungle animals.
- Lesson 4: Write some sentences using a noun, a verb and adjectives to describe animals
- Lesson 5: Write a jungle explorers’ story.
- Lesson 6: Describe the weather in different seasons of the year.
- Lesson 7: Talk about ice creams I love, like and dislike.